Saturday, July 27, 2013

I'm Growing Up To Fast. Me 13 Already!!

I stumbled out of bed with a heavy mind remembering that today was my birthday, and everything was planned. As I was walking towards the door of my room, my sister Nive walked in with my present and said happy birthday to me and handed over my gift. She said it was sincerely from her and a friend of hers. I accepted her gift and found it to be 2 packets of my favourite chocolates. Picnic, and Moro Gold. "Thank-you" I said to her, and then headed for the bathroom. I brushed my teeth, then headed for the kitchen. Breakfast was nutri-grain because my mother knew that I would probably buy a lot of food for the movies. I had to be ready before 11am because by then we'd have to pick up Jasmine. My friend I had invited over for my birthday out.

The time ran by fast before I knew it, the clock had already struck 10:45. With a honk good-bye to my mother, my father, two sisters, little brother and I were off. First we picked up Jasmine then headed towards Sylvia Park, to the cinemas. And boy it was packed! As we looked at the list of movies and finalised which one Jasmine and I wanted to watch, we came to a conclusion of wanting to watch Despicable Me 2!

After buying our food the time had caught up with us. It was already going towards 1:00pm, and our movie was at 1:15pm. So we scurried along to the tickets person, handed in our tickets. Then made our way towards the Managers Lounge, which was the theatre our movie was displaying in. Surprisingly as we walked in, my brother, and father had already found their seats. The room was a perfect fit to my mood. Simple, not to small, not to big, but just right.

The movie went by very fast. It was so funny, it had me laughing like a haiena. After the movie had finished, my father, little brother, Jasmine and I had to wait for my older sisters movie to finish, which would take another half hour. So we spent that time, sitting, laughing, taking photos, andbuying kiwiyo. A yoghurt store just down from the cinemas.

As soon as the girls finished watching The Heat, which was the name of their movie, we started to head off back home. By now the time was just about to hit 3:00pm. My dad took the long way back home, which took us another half hour. When we got home, Jasmine and I thought we were feeling a bit lazy. So we went for a walk down to the park, and woke ourselves up. When we got back home we sat in front of the house munching back on our left over food from the movies. Which was quite a lot.

By the time the big feed was ready my nana had made it just in time. And it was rounding off to 6:00pm nearer to the time we were going to drop off Jasmine. For the big birthday feast there was, well marinated chicken, chao main, potato salad, rice, taro, sausages, chop-sue and much more. I was filled just by eating the chicken and rice. Once Jasmine and I finished eating we put our dishes in the sink and then suddenly my mum stopped us before we entered my room. She asked if Jasmine was allowed to sleep over. My mind was flipping be auss mum never usually allows me to have sleep overs. But this time I think she was calm about it. Jasmine and I were ecstatic! My mum gave us her mobile to ring Jasmines mother. When we did she agreed and let Jasmine sleep over. She told Jasmine that she would bring some clothes over in 30 minutes.

I was so excited! Once her mother dropped off her clothes, we started to plan out the night. First we would set out our food that would keep us up the whole night, then we were to have our showers, and then we would watch movies the whole night. Our plan was going as planned obviously, until the both of us finished our showers. Instead we stayed right up until 3:00am talking, then instead of watching movies. After having a good 4 hour school, we were up. Now we were to plan the rest of the day until 11:00am when her parents would pick her up.

Breakfast was obviously first. Instead of home made breakfast we wanted to go for a walk to the bakery to buy our breakfast. We each bought 2 sausage rolls each, a large up and go each and then set off to the park. We sat their eating our breakfast and talking. Once we would get home, the sleep over was going to practically be over. So we talked as much as we could at the park then headed back home. It was almost 11:00am and Jasmines parents had arrived. We said our goodbyes, and thank yous then she was off.

Overall I had an amazing time! This was definitely the best birthday ever. My 13th birthday, one to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.