Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Holiday Highlight

“Please oh please oh please can I go camping I’ll do all the choirs when I come back ppppllleeeaaassseee!”, I said. My next door neighbor was going out camping down to Rotorua and they asked if I was allowed to come. As I was waiting silently my mum said yes and I was so excited because I had never been out camping before except for the school camp. I scurried to my room and grabbed out my bag from the closet. It was pretty old.

“EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I love you mum” It’s on tomorrow I for one can not wait. I shoved all my short and all of my singlets in my bag because I heard that it was steaming hot down there. My sister Nive was pretty jealous when she heard about the news.

Today is the day I am going camping brilliant. I woke up and looked in my bag to see if I had everything but as I was looking I couldn’t find my toothbrush and showering kit. Then just as I looked outside I saw my Grandpa’s car coming down the drive way. I scurried out side to see that my brother had beaten me. “Hi Grandpa I’m going camping today with my friend Tanisha and her family” I said “well then you will need everything like 20$” “Yeah thank you grandpa.”

I went over to my Tanisha’s house and they were starting up the car that is just like starting up my excitement. A couple of minutes saying goodbye and shoving the car with luggage led to the road.
Singing chants in the car ,tuning the radio, and, being car sick was really the main thing about the ride for me. “Can you pass me the drink”I said but Tanisha did not hear me she was sound a sleep in fact everyone was except for me and the driver. I was to excited to sleep.

“Hay we are here” said the driver. To my right I saw loads of camper vans, tents and loads of giant tents. Everyone finally woke up.Tanisha said “It is hot lets go for a swim right after we set up the tent.” “there’s a pool you could have told me that earlier” but I knew that there were no life guards.

Setting up the tent was easy filling it up was hard. Going down the hill from where we were staying and coming back up was very very tiring. As Tanisha lead us to the pool we saw that there was not many people there. So pretty much we had the pool all to our selves.

When we headed back we hit the showers then bed. The next day was cool. The following day was cool and the next day was the best and last day of our camping. We all woke up to a excitement flowing through our blood. We had a last minute saying that we were going to go to the luges instead of the Zorbes which are the giant balls that people go in. After we packed the tent and headed off in the car we stopped at the thermal springs Te Wairoa. We stayed there for the performance and then left.

A couple of minutes later we arrived at the luges. paying took a while. We then got on the Gondola. It was really fun because Tanisha’s dad kept shaking the Gondola making the ride look short. Finally we got up there and chose our helmet and stood in the line. There were beginners and advanced and medium. I went in the advanced even though I was a beginner. We all five rides each but me and Waimaria had six. When me and Waimaria had a ride she had nearly got hurt.

After the Luge ride we headed for lunch at McDonald's and then straight back to home sweet home. I would really want to go with my family. It was really fun. I want to do it again.
The End

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.